Maplewood Christian Church is an evangelical church which adheres to the Bible as its authority for faith and practice. The church adheres to a form of worship which emphasizes praise in song and music, the celebration of communion, the preaching of the Word, and prayer for salvation and healing in every service. There has been some teaching over the years on the work and manifestation of the Holy Spirit and His gifts. The congregation is in agreement that according to the scriptures these gifts are available today. There is also agreement that all things should be done "decently and in order" as the apostle Paul wrote in I Corinthians 14:40. The church is affiliated with the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ but many of its members come from various denominational backgrounds. We believe that God has raised up this church for His purpose and our desire is to see the Holy Spirit move in such a way that His will be accomplished.
1. We believe that the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and without mistakes as originally written. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for life.
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit; and that these three are co-eternal and of equal dignity and power.
3. We believe in the diety of Jesus Christ; His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit; His virgin birth; His sinless life; His substitutionary death on the cross; His bodily resurrection; His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and His personal, imminent return.
4. We believe that man was created by and for God; that by man's disobeying God every person incurred spiritual death, which is separation from God, and physical death as a consequence; and that all people are sinners by nature and practice.
5. We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who put their faith and trust in Him alone for the forgiveness of sins are declared righteous because of His sacrificial death and are, therefore, in right relationship with God. (John 14:6; Acts 4:12) We also believe that one must be baptized (immersed) as a witness to one's salvation.
6. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit indwelling all believers and thus enabling and empowering the life and ministry of the believer. We believe that he continues to manifest his presence today through spiritual giftings and healings. We do not believe that the gifts of the Spirit ceased with the Apostles.
7. We believe in the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived, the glorification of the redeemed into the likeness of Jesus Christ, to be eternally present with Him, and the everlating punishment of those who have rejected God's forgivenss in His Son.
We would love to have you worship and fellowship with us!
How to Contact Us
Maplewood Christian Church
7300 State Route 88
Ravenna, Ohio 44266
Sunday Service: 10:30 a.m.
Christian Education: 9:30 a.m.
Wednesday Evening Family Events: 7:00 p.m.
Return to Top of Page